When The Business Fuse holds your data, we commit to ensuring that it is held securely and that your privacy is safeguarded.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
“Personal Data" for purposes of this Privacy Notice is the information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person.
The Personal Data you submit may include your name, postal address (including billing and shipping addresses), credit or debit card number, telephone number, mobile number, email address, gender, username, or profile picture.
• our web servers automatically store details of: your browser and operating system; the website from which you visit; the pages you visit on our website; the date of your visit; and, for security reasons, the Internet protocol (IP) address assigned to you by your internet service. Cookies are small pieces of information sent to your device and stored on its hard drive to allow our website to recognize you when you visit.
We track and store data about how you visit and use The Business Fuse Services, particularly through our websites and apps. The items we log include:
• Your IP address
• Your location
• Your operating system
• Your browser
• Your browser language
• The URLs of any pages you visit on our sites and apps
• Device identifiers
• Advertising identifiers
• Other usage information.
We combine this data with other information we collect about you.
We may receive Other Information about you from third parties, including, for example, demographic data, social media account number, information about your interests, and information about your activities on other websites.
2. How we use the data we hold
• to supply the magazine, eNewsletters, event information and invitations, annual listings campaign information or anything else requested
• to periodically send promotional emails – using the email address which you have provided – about new products and services, special offers or other information if we think they may be of relevance or interest to you
• to confirm the accuracy of data, including listings data, to be published online or in print
• to raise or settle invoices as appropriate
• to allow statistical analysis which we may use to improve our website and any connected services
• to correspond and communicate with you
• to enable market research. You may withdraw your consent for us to use your data for any of these purposes at any time.
Your personal information will be used only for the purposes of communicating with you in relation to our products and services, or for administration purposes. We will not provide it to any third parties without your permission unless we are required, by law, to do so.
We are committed to ensuring that the data we hold is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have in place procedures to safeguard and secure all data we collect.
Where data is held on secure servers of third party service providers which may be located in countries outside of the EEA and may not have similar data protection laws to the UK, we have established that appropriate security measures are in place to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy.
Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third-party websites.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How to Disable Cookis
You can accept or decline cookies by changing the settings in your internet browser. If cookies are disabled, you may find that some features of the website may be affected.
4. Withdrawing consent to use the data we hold about you, or accessing or amending it
We commit to using your data only for the purposes stated in this policy until such time as you withdraw your consent for us to do so.
To withdraw your consent for us to:
• hold your data, or
• use it as specified in this policy
or to access or amend the data held by us,
contact us at:
How can you amend your personal information or ask us to remove it?
If you do not wish to receive any future marketing communications from us, please email us.